Thursday, May 11, 2017

FoodTrip: 1st Colonial Grill


This is a must-go restaurant in Bicol. It offers a variety of Bicol's specialty food such as Laing, Kandingga (Bicolano version of Bopis), and of course their famous variety of not-your-ordinary ice cream flavors. 

We have tried Laing, Half Spring chicken, Baked Mussels (Tahong), and four flavors of ice cream (yey!). 


Baked Tahong
Fried Chicken




I've never tasted Laing as this sumptuously delicious as before. Laing is a spicy dish that is Coconut milk (or cream) based with dried taro leaves. I can really taste the "gata" or coconut milk plus it has this unique taste like.. hmm I think it has some garlicky taste in it but I am not sure, best to partner it with rice. Happy tummy!


Laing


There are a number of ice cream flavors that 1st Colonial Grill can offer but I opt to choose 4 of the flavors that I am curious to find out what it takes like (it cost 45 Php per small cup). I had the Sili Ice Cream with level 2 of spiciness (it has up to level 3) it is yummy and just a normal ice cream on the first bite but you can feel the spiciness once the ice cream melted in your mouth. It can wake up your senses! (that kind of spicy! and i wonder what it feels like trying the level 3 Sili Ice cream hahaha). I had the Tinutong na Bigas and Pili Ice cream which I can recommend to kids also because I know they'll like it. It's sweet and creamy and tasted like tinutong na bigas as you could imagine while eating it. However, I cannot have a lot of the Calamansi Ice Cream because it was hell of a sour one. I think there is less sweet in there and you can really feel the sour taste of calamansi, very authentic calamansi taste and I can still feel how it tasted like upon writing this (asssimmmmmm!). LOL!




All in all, we had 1100 Php for all that we ordered there but because we are really hungry as a bear that time we opt to indulge ourselves with foods to de-stress. 


Bicol Adventure Links:

Day 2: 
Where to Stay in Bicol : Mayon Lodging House
Lignon Hill
Foodtrip: 1st Colonial Grill
Embarcadero de Legazpi


Day 3: 
Cagsawa Ruins 
Cagsawa ATV Adventure
Sumlang Lake
Hoyop Hoyopan Cave
Daraga Church
Albay Pili Nut Candy
Foodtrip :  Bigg's Diner and DJC Halo Halo





No comments:

Post a Comment

hostgator coupons