Monday, May 15, 2017

Cagsawa ATV Adventure




There were a lot of groups in Legazpi (Lignon Hill) and Daraga (Cagsawa Ruins and Sumlang Lake) that offers an ATV adventure that you should try in visiting Albay. I recommend doing this activity early in the morning so that you should have a good view of the Mayon Volcano and you don't have to suffer the heat of the scorching sun. Few years back, the famous Zac Efron made a visit to Albay and tried driving ATV here :)

At first I was hesitant to do this because one, I don't have any driving experience, and two, I am with Cris (the first time I tried ATV was way back 2013 in Boracay and I cannot drive well enough because Cris always shouts "tumabi ka" (go at the side), "malalaglag ka" (you'll fall), and lot of discouraging words enough to make me scared of what I am doing lol. I know he's just concerned but that left me a feeling of trauma ever since. This time in Cagsawa, Cris was the one pursuing me to do the activity, and so it goes. 

We opt to have this activity in Cagsawa Ruins because this is the place we can hangout as early as 6am. There are 3 kinds of trail that you can avail for the ATV adventure. You can have the longest trail, the Black Lava trail, for 1500 Php and it will last 3.5 hours back and forth. The Green Lava trail can last up to 2.5 hours and will cost you 1000 Php. The shortest one, which is the Cagsawa Short Trail can last up to 30 to 45 minutes back and forth and will cost you 700 Php. 

Of course we purchased the shortest trail because I am a bit scared and unsure if I can do it. After having our payment, our tour guide instructed us to operate the ATV and gave us few minutes to practice. 

At first I asked the guide, "Kuya, masyado bang mabato?" (Kuya, is the trail very rocky?) and he responded, "No ma'am, it's mostly flat road". Then I asked, "Will my feet get wet along the way?" (because I've seen photos of watery path online). He responded, "No ma'am we won't be passing through the water". And then look at the below pic:




Our tour guide's lying with me all along! But nevertheless even though he did it on purpose, I should thank him because I had fun, extreme fun. You know the feeling of adrenaline rush?? Most of the trail is rocky, I have to control my grip on the ATV. My favorite part is when we crossed a through a small swamp, it felt like I am a pro! hahaha. And Cris wasn't that scared of me falling over anymore so he did not shout along the trail. I think I improved a lot? Idk! I would recommend trying this for anyone who wanna visit Albay, it's fun!

Bicol Adventure Links:

Day 2: 
Where to Stay in Bicol : Mayon Lodging House
Lignon Hill
Foodtrip: 1st Colonial Grill
Embarcadero de Legazpi


Day 3: 
Cagsawa Ruins 
Cagsawa ATV Adventure
Sumlang Lake
Hoyop Hoyopan Cave
Daraga Church
Albay Pili Nut Candy
Foodtrip :  Bigg's Diner and DJC Halo Halo








No comments:

Post a Comment

hostgator coupons